ATENCIÓ: per a poder enviar el formulari necessites un document signat per l’AECS. Fes-nos arribar les respostes al formulari i el Candidature Form a firstname.lastname@example.org per tal de que se’t signi el document.
1. Background: Call for IFMSA Delegation to 146th Executive Board Meeting of the World Health Organization
2. Important information:
a. Where: Geneva, Switzerland
b. When: 3rd February – 8th February 2020
c. Application process:
– Fill out the Application Form.
– Upload the signed and stamped Candidature Form within the Application Form.
3. Deadline: 30th of December 2019, 23:59 GMT
4. Relevant Links:
a. Application Form (Link)
b. How to Write an Application Manual (Link)
Dear IFMSA members and Global Health enthusiasts,
I am happy to announce that we are opening the call for IFMSA delegation to the 146th Executive Board Meeting of the World Health Organization, which will take place in Geneva, Switzerland between the 3rd of February and the 8th of February 2020.
This email will inform you about all the procedures to apply to be a member of the delegation, so please read carefully till the end!
What is the 146th Executive Board Meeting of the World Health Organization?
The Executive Board of the WHO is composed of 34 technically qualified members elected for three-year terms. Attended by delegations from 194 Member States and some recognized international NGOs and other partners, the EB Meeting is the crucial moment where Member States define priorities for the next World Health Assembly (73rd WHA – held in May 2020), and its agenda is agreed upon.This meeting is held at the WHO Headquarters in Geneva, and is a great opportunity for the IFMSA to meet with important stakeholders in the WHO and also other organisations who usually attend.
A provisional agenda for the meeting can be found here, which outlines the topics that will be discussed.
For more information about the meeting, click here.
Dates of the conference:
The WHO Executive Board Meeting is a different length every year. This year it is scheduled to be 6-days long, starting on the 3rd of February and ending on the 8th of February 2020.
Delegates are expected to attend the full length of the meeting.
Objectives of IFMSA’s participation in the WHO Executive Board Meeting:
- Deliver statements to outline the IFMSA position on a number of global health topics to the Executive Board, Member States and other Non-State Actors;
- Meet with key WHO partners;
- Meet with other Non-State Actors and partners;
- Follow the agenda in preparation for the 73rd World Health Assembly, to maximise our advocacy efforts and develop an appropriate PreWHA programme;
- Represent youth voices in the global health sphere and advocate for meaningful youth participation in topics relevant to IFMSA’s work.
The following criteria will be taken into account while evaluating your application:
- Experience in the topic of the meeting – please note that as this is a broad meeting that covers many global health topics, it is expected that applicants will have read the provisional agenda for the meeting and can identify particular topics that they have experience and/or interest in;
- In the Google Form question relating to the ‘challenges and opportunities’ relating to the topics addressed in the meeting, applicants should choose up to three agenda items to discuss.
- Motivation for participation;
- Understanding of IFMSA policy work and IFMSA’s external affairs efforts;
- Potential empowerment, expected outcomes and follow up plans after the meeting, including in sharing knowledge with IFMSA delegates to the World Health Assembly;
- Regional representation and gender balance will be taken into account.
However, we also encourage emerging members who are committed to learn, gain new skills, and participate in IFMSA’s activities even beyond the conference.
There IFMSA delegation will consist of 11 members – the IFMSA Liaison Officer to the WHO (head of delegation), the IFMSA Vice-President for External Affairs, and 9 selected delegates.
How to apply?
- Fill in the Application Form – this is an online form that also contains the Candidature Form which needs to be signed and stamped by your respective NMO President in order for the application to be valid.
- Required data to fill in the Candidature Form correctly:
- Title of Meeting: WHO Executive Board Meeting 2020
- Dates of Meeting: 3.-8. February 2020
- The Application Form with Candidature Form needs to be completed/sent before 30th of December 2019, 23:59 GMT.
- In case of one document missing, the application will be considered as invalid.
Accepted applicants will be informed about their selection in early January and will receive online preparation as soon as the results are released. IFMSA commits to train, brief and prepare all delegates to the meeting; and to smoothly coordinate the delegation during the meeting.
Unfortunately, IFMSA is not able to cover transportation or accommodation expenses.
In case of any questions please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com.
I am very much looking forward to reading your applications!