1. Background: Opening the 1st call for Small Working Group Members on National and International Policy-Making, Usage and Implementation.
2. Documents to fill in: Application form
3. Deadline: 8th of April 2020, 23.59 GMT
Dearest EMR and Europe,
In past terms, the European Region developed the European Toolkit on Policy Making and Usage. However, this toolkit has not been updated in recent terms and doesn’t include a key part of Policy-Making: Policy Implementation at a National Level. Furthermore, it would be important to easily explain to NMO the IFMSA Policy-Making Process, how they can collaborate and be involved in this process.
You can check the current version of the Toolkit at this link.
According to the European Strategy, Priority 5, and the Eastern Mediterranean Region Strategy, Goal 4 “Increase Involvement Policy-Making”, both Regional Teams should promote NMO involvement in the IFMSA Policy-Making Process, but also build capacity in policy-making and implementation at a national level. Finally, both Regional Teams consider that this initiative could promote collaboration between NMOs from different regions.
We are looking for 3 members from the European Region and 3 members from the Eastern Mediterranean Region with previous experience in External Affairs, Policy-Making and knowledge of Regional Stakeholders. The Small Working Group will be coordinated by the Policy Assistant (Matteo Cavagnacchi) and the External Affairs Regional Assistants for Europe (José Ganicho) and EMR (Meriem Benazzouz).
Below you can find all the necessary information for your application.
General Tasks Description:
- Review the European Toolkit on Policy Making and Usage;
- Develop a section on Policy Implementation at an International and National Level;
- Develop simplified infographics on the IFMSA Policy-Making Process;
- Share the resources developed.
- Motivation to join the SWG;
- Experience in External Affairs, Policy-Making and knowledge of Regional Stakeholders.
- Gender and National balance will be taken into account;
Please note that the main work will take place between April and June, so please make sure that you are available in this period before applying.
To apply you just need to fill out this application form until the 8th of April 2020 @ 23:59 GMT.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact any of us.
We’re looking forward to receiving your applications.
Matteo, Meriem and José