- Background: sharing the survey Addressing the LGBTQIA+ Health in medical curricula
- Information summary: as part of IDAHOT Campaign and SCOME and SCORA efforts to work towards inclusive healthcare, analyzing how our medical schools tackle LGBTQIA+ Health throughout medical curricula becomes a cornerstone to develop further advocacy initiatives.
- What you need to do: read the email, fill the form and share it with your members
- Relevant Links: the Survey is accessible here
- Deadline: 5th of June 23:59 GMT
Dear IFMSA members,
Today we are thrilled to be sharing with you a quite unique survey: Addressing the LGBTQIA+ Health in medical curricula.
In an IFMSA survey addressed to medical students worldwide, it has been reported that the LGBTQIA+ individuals are more likely to be subjected to discrimination in healthcare, due to the fact that their health needs are not addressed in medical curricula. As a follow-up action, we need to look more into details on Medical Education and the delivered competencies in a way we assess medical students’ perspectives and confidence in addressing the healthcare needs of patients identifying as LGBTQIA+.
Hereby you can find all the information. Please make sure you share it with your members and within your networks so we can gather significant data that guide our next advocacy steps.
The purpose of the following survey is to analyze medical curricula worldwide in terms of addressing different components of the healthcare needs of patients identifying as LGBTQIA+, the necessary medical competencies to fight against discrimination in healthcare, and what good practices we can collect from medical schools worldwide in addressing this matter
- Assessing medical curricula worldwide in terms of addressing the LGBTQIA+ Health
- Analyzing the students’ perspectives on their curricula’s approach towards addressing the LGBTQIA+ Health
- Collecting good practices from members worldwide on addressing LGBTQIA+ Health in medical curricula
- Inclusion criteria: medical students currently enrolled in medical schools and consenting to participate in the survey
- Exclusion criteria:
- students of other healthcare professions
- medical students not consenting to participate in the survey
- Medical graduates
Access the Survey through the following link: here, filling in would take around 10 mins.
Deadline to fill it in: 5th of June 23:59 GMT
Thank you in advance.
Wishing you all a happy IDAHOT and Pride Month ahead,
Marouane and Lalu