- Background: Applications for Guillermo “Memo” Martinez Bustamante Program Grant
- How to apply:
- Your activity needs to be enrolled and reported in IFMSA Programs by 15 June 2020
- Submit the Application form (Candidature form + Motivation Letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline 1st Phase to Enroll and Report Activity with IFMSA Programs: 15th June 2020, 23:59 GMT
- Deadline 2nd Phase to submit the Application form (Candidature Form + Motivation Letter) at email@example.com: 30th June 2020, 23:59 GMT
- Subject Code: [Memo]
- More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear IFMSA Family,
It is our pleasure to open the call for applications for the Guillermo “Memo” Martinez Bustamante Program Grant.
Hailing from Mexico, Guillermo “Memo” Martinez Bustamante served as IFMSA Secretary General from 2003-2004.
A compassionate physician, dedicated father, and husband, and well-loved friend and colleague, Guillermo served as staff urologist at the Izola Hospital in Slovenia, where he lived with his wife, Dr. Masa Sukunda (also formerly of IFMSA) and his two children. Despite his busy professional and family life, Memo continued as well to serve various educational and global health endeavors, including serving on the Young Urologist Board of the European Association of Urology.
He was, too tragically soon, taken from the global medical community in August 2016 at the hands of one of his patients in a despicable act of workplace violence. In his memory, a group of Guillermo’s friends, many of them former IFMSA officers, created a Memorial Award in his name as a way to honor him at the heart of the Federation.
The broad objective of the Award is to recognize outstanding activities undertaken by IFMSA members. The Award will be presented every year during the Closing Ceremony of the August Meeting. One (1) award is available at a value of about 300 Euros.
How to apply:
- Make sure that the activity that you are applying with has been both enrolled and reported in IFMSA Programs. The data submitted will be used to evaluate the applications.
Deadline to Enroll and Report your activity is 15th June 2020, 23:59 GMT.
You can find the Activity Report Form HERE
You can find the Activity Enrollment Form HERE
- Additionally, you will have to submit an Application Form. (HERE)
The application form consists of the Candidature Form (CF) and a Motivation Letter (ML) (both in the same document, attached in the email.)
- Note that the page limit for the Motivation Letter is 2 pages.
- Also, note that the Candidature form needs to be signed and stamped by your respective NMO President
The application form (CF + ML) needs to be submitted preferably in a PDF format at email@example.com, before 30th June 2020, 23:59 GMT.
The subject of the email should be [Memo] Name of your activity- NMO
Should you have any additional questions or want to know more about the process feel free to approach us or email Vice-President for Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure, member safety, stay safe and indoors as much as possible, and follow the local and national guidelines related to social distancing when conducting and reporting activities. To know more about Programs and COVID-19 feel free to email at email@example.com.
IFMSA Executive Board
Links to various IFMSA resources that can help you with IFMSA Programs, Activity Management, and Evaluation Manual
- Activity Report Form: https://forms.gle/Ycs6bxVH7LxBr5kQ9
- From Idea to Impact: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eCOqw-463D_Gn7umuFMm2j3IWPE_JoMK
- Ethical Framework on Fundraising: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EZzBHbH9h3Icx0445cexpE5WhTb_FDkh
- Activity Enrollment Form: https://forms.gle/RDCXMpkQa19UsmmP7
- Focus Areas: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sUlAWtMv7rm-Q2RbPh571bbsUqnJVllo
- Candidature Form: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GJ-T9r-MGMqhv2yAGU63iVwEepm910Fw
- Evaluation Manual: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b8TwfBgPHetaDxVg4-U2srZcPFOFfUnt
- IFMSA Programs Toolkit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JVtTBrggSj5Qk9iSZPJmwRtcLacydJ_e/view?usp=sharing