- Background: Research Camp (RC) aims to teach all the necessary knowledge and skills students need to undertake medical research projects. Today, we are launching the Call for Participants for IFMSA Research Camp 2020.
- Information Summary:
- Dates: September 16th-22nd, 2020
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Registration Fee: 235 Euros
- Registration includes: lodging for 6 nights, meals for 5 days, RC20 sessions and social programs
- Application Process:
- Deadline: 12th of July 2020, 23.59 GMT
Dear Research Enthusiasts,
The IFMSA Research Camp 2020 (RC20) will take place this summer, from the 16th to 22nd of September, 2020 in Bucharest, Romania and we are looking for motivated students who are interested in medical research and would like to attend the camp to learn and improve their research knowledge and skills!
- Background: Research Camp is a 5-day peer-led course that focuses on teaching all the necessary skills a medical student needs to start their own research project, including formulating a research question, research methodology, critical appraisal, academic writing, proper use of search engines and reference managers, writing an abstract or making a scientific poster, research ethics and more! It is a wonderful opportunity if you are interested in medical research and want to know more about how to conduct a research project from A to Z. We invite you to look at the RC20 Invitation Package for more information [LINK].
- Important Information:
- Dates: Research Camp 2020 will be held from 16th till 22nd of September 2020, including one Arrival Day, 5 working days and 1 Departure Day.
- Location: RC20 will be held in Bucharest, Romania which is easily accessible through major airlines. Transportation from the arrival point will be provided directly to the accommodation.
- Registration Fee: 235 Euros
- Registration includes:
- Accommodation for 6 nights
- Meals for 5 days
- Transportation from/to arrival point to the venue
- RC20 Sessions
- Social Programs
- COVID-19: We are working closely with the government, national health agency, and ministry of health. For now, based on the information and evidence provided by the government on the epidemiological context, we consider hosting the IFMSA Research Camp 2020 possible. We will continue to monitor the situation carefully and we will act accordingly to the recommendation made by the relevant institutions. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will only ask for payment after 25th of August. Please consult the registration process for more information or reach out to the OC if you have any doubts.
- Application Process: Due to a limited number of spots for participants, there will be a selection process. RC20 is open to all IFMSA members.
- Read the Invitation Package [HERE]
- Fill in the Registration Form [HERE]
- Selection Criteria:
- Plans for use of knowledge and skills gained
- All applications will be evaluated equally.
- Deadline to fill the Registration Form: 12th of July
- Announcement of selected participants: 20th of July
- Payment deadline: 25th of August
- Deadline: The deadline to apply for Research Camp 2020 is Sunday, 12th of July, 2020 at 23.59 GMT by filling the Registration Form [HERE]. Late applications will not be considered.
That is all the information we would like to convey through this email. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with [RC20] in the subject line of the email. Furthermore, you can contact email@example.com with questions related to the logistics of RC20.