Don’t miss IFMSA at the interactive civil society dialogue with WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus and NCD Child, on the theme ‘Promoting the health and wellbeing of young people during the COVID-19 pandemic: Leveraging youth engagement in participatory governance’
Date: Friday, October 2, 2020
Time:2:00 PM -3:30 PM Central European Summer Time (GMT + 02:00).
This session forms one of the dialogues in the series of Civil Society – WHO Director-General dialogues selected by civil society organizations to be organized on different topics of interest for the civil society related to COVID-19 response.
This session will focus on the importance of youth participation in the global COVID-19 response. As a group that is highly affected by the pandemic and the subsequent restrictive measures, it is essential for young people to not only be beneficiaries or stakeholders but also be centrally involved as the designers and implementers in the global action for COVID-19 prevention and control. Using lessons learned from young people involved in advocacy for non-communicable diseases (NCDs), the session will highlight opportunities for youth to be engaged in planning and decision-making processes to create a sustainable response that leads to more robust health systems.
- Chantelle Booysen – Global Mental Health Advocate and Social Impact Entrepreneur, South Africa
- Dr. Flavia Bustreo – Vice-Chair of Fondation Botnar, Co-Chair of The Lancet Commission on Gender-Based Violence and maltreatment of young people, Switzerland
- Pierre Cooke – Leader of Government Business – Barbados Youth Parliament, Youth Technical Advisor, Healthy Caribbean Coalition, Barbados
- Omnia El Omrani – Liaison Officer for Public Health Issues, International Federation of Medical Students’ Association, Egypt
- Dr. Apoorva Gomber – Community Manager/ Co-founder Diabetes India Youth in Action (DIYA), Young Leader in Diabetes (International Diabetes Federation), India
- Julius Kramer – Youth Advisor, World Organization of the Scout Movement, Sweden
- Dr. Marián Sedlák – Junior Doctor, Resident, Emergency Medicine; PhD student Pavol Jozef Šafárik University, Slovakia
The session will be moderated by Dr. Marie Hauerslev – Chair, NCD Child, Denmark.
To join the webinar
Please click the link below to join the webinar: