- Background: Applications for the AMEE Conference 2020 Student Task Force are now open !
- Information summary: The AMEE Student Taskforce comprises of over 45 international students who participate and assist in the AMEE Conference, the biggest Health Profession’s Education Conference annually. All health professions’ students are welcome!
- Conference details: AMEE2020 will take place between 5-9th of September in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Working days: 4-9th of September, 2020
- Financial Support: travel and accommodation expenses
- What you need to do:
- Read the email carefully.
- Read the application tips document and the FAQ guide.
- Take the plunge and apply !
- Application Deadline: 15th March, 11:59pm GMT
- Relevant Links:
Dear students worldwide,
It is our pleasure to invite you to become part of the AMEE Student Task Force 2020 !
AMEE is one of the most important organisations for medical and other health professions’ Education in the world. It promotes international excellence in education in the healthcare professions across the continuum of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education. Every year, AMEE organizes the largest medical education conference in the world: the AMEE Conference! In the last years, more than 3,500 participants attended the AMEE Conferences, with workshops, lectures, poster presentations, short communications, exhibitions, etc.
This year, AMEE offers around 45 international healthcare students the chance to attend the Conference for free, with financial support for travel and accommodation expenses. In exchange for that those students are asked to assist in basic tasks, related to helping out with practical issues and assisting participants during the conference.
5 – 9 September 2020 – Glasgow, Scotland, UK // SEC Congress Centre
(Please note that the first working day of the Student Task Force will be September 4, therefore arrival day will be September 3 and departure day September 9)
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Any student with:
– interest and/or background in medical education and other healthcare
– sufficient English skills;
– total respect for the rules and responsibilities of the Student Task Force;
– full availability for the Student Task Force working days (4-9 September 2020);
– the right motivation and enthusiasm for working in an international team of
All applications will be judged by the Coordinators team. Selections will be made based on:
– relevant experience
– future plans for use of experience gained
– geographical and gender diversity
More information on the selection criteria and what makes a good application can be found through this link.
NB: Students studying in any country, except the United Kingdom can apply – we will try to have students from different regions of the world. However, bear in mind that AMEE will only be able to support you with between 300 – 800 euros for your accommodation and travel expenses (fair share depending on travel costs). Students from the United Kingdom are warmly invited to apply for the local Student Task Force for which the call will be shared soon!
We will take in account the equilibrium between students that already have experience in the Student Task Force and newcomers to this task. Students in any healthcare profession are warmly welcomed to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
[DEADLINE]: March 15th , 23.59h GMT
Any application after the deadline will not be accepted !
For more information related to AMEE and the AMEE Conference and the Student Task Force, please look at the website www.amee.org. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com !
Warmest regards, On behalf of AMEE2020 STF coordinators !