- Background: Call for the Program Coordinator on Maternal Health and Access to Safe Abortion.
- Important Information
- Timeline for the Call
- Application Process & documents to submit
- Important Notes
- (Note that the applications are to be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Relevant Links:
- Candidature Form, Attached in the call
- Technical Data Card, Attached in the call
- Immediate Deadline:
- 15/05/2020 23:59 GMT, the deadline to submit the candidatures. Late submission will be invalid.
Dear NMO Presidents and IFMSA members,
With this email, we are opening the call for the Program Coordinator on Maternal Health and Access to Safe Abortion (PC MHASA). We request you share this call with interested members in your NMO and encourage them to apply for the same.
- Background: Following the removal of the Program Coordinator on Maternal Health and Access to Safe Abortion, We are opening the Call for the position of PC MHASA.
- Program Coordinators
- 1 Program Support Assistant & 13 Program Coordinators
Call open for
Program Coordinator on Maternal Health and Access to Safe Abortion —
Subject Code: – [CAND PC MHASA]
Brief Description of the topic: Maternal Health and Safe Abortion:
Maternal health refers to the health of women before and during pregnancy, at childbirth, and during the postpartum period.
• Before pregnancy, the overall health and lifestyle choices of parents can affect fertility, maternal health and their infants’ probability of developing chronic conditions later in life in addition to having the right to decide freely and responsibly without coercion and violence the number, spacing, and timing of their children and to have the information and means to do so (ICPD 1994).
• During pregnancy, high-quality antenatal care is essential to ensure not only a healthy pregnancy for mother and baby but also an effective transition to positive labor and childbirth.
• During delivery, high-quality, evidence-based obstetric, and neonatal care.
• In the postpartum period, it is critical to monitor maternal and newborn health as the risk of death is higher during the first week postpartum for both. Timely detection and management of symptoms reduce the risk of mortality and complications.
- Task Description
• Actively Participate in catching up with the work of the Programs Team and SCORA IT related to Programs;
• Work Actively and closely with the VPA and Programs Team to understand programs and orientation of the work and urgency of the work related to the 15th June Programs deadline;
• Provide handover for your successor;
• Review all documents about IFMSA Programs and the respective
The program you’re applying for, and assist in updating them;
• Actively help with the enrollment of Activities into the Program, Assess and approve affiliation of activities with the respective IFMSA Program;
• Review the activities based on the activity management criteria and resources;
• Help Activity Coordinators with evaluation and impact assessment;
• Properly follow up on reporting of the Activities,
• Based on all enrolled and reported activities (before 15th June) produce an Annual Program Impact Report, to be submitted to the IFMSA General Secretariat and presented at the AM2019.
• Assist Officials in their work related to your Programs topic, which
might include conducting sessions on Programs topic, campaigns,
help out to prepare sessions if not present at GAs etc;
• Assist Officials in use of Programs data in external representation;
• Work on the promotion of Programs and support NMOs’ involvement
• Take part in the Competency Module at the beginning of the term and develop the Annual Working Plan accordingly.
• Availability for General Assemblies to be present in person or
adequately instruct selected Program Representative to participate
• Availability for online meetings.
• For specific details read the What does IFMSA Programs do? And What are the expected duties of a Program Coordinator part of the Program Coordinator Application Toolkit (here). Also, read the IFMSA Programs IOG (here)
- Selection Criteria
According to IFMSA Bylaws paragraph 15.19, an applicant for the position of
Program Coordinator must fulfill the following criteria at the time of appointment:
• Be a medical student when the term of offices commences;
• Be a member of a National Member Organization (NMO) with Full or Associate Membership Status;
• Not be a member of a National Member Organization (NMO) that is in violation of IFMSA Constitution and Bylaws.
Any applicant not fulfilling the above criteria will not be considered in the
selection process. For the selection itself, the following items will be taken
into consideration. Please follow the instructions provided on how to include information about the different items in your Letter of Motivation, Plan of Action or Curriculum Vitae (CV):
• Motivation and proactiveness
•Availability throughout the term (online meetings, email responses, General Assemblies and Regional Meetings)
• Knowledge on the topic of Program
• Experience in activity management, project development, activity evaluation, and impact assessment
• Theoretical and practical knowledge in data collection and statistical analysis
• Knowledge on IFMSA Programs and their implementation process
• Plans to further the Program, empower NMOs in regards to IFMSA Programs and Program promotion
• Soft skills to conduct interaction with Activity Coordinators, and session facilitation skills
• Willing to establish new collaborations with IFMSA TO and ITs (mention the specific initiatives you would like to work in with Standing Committees)
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Prior attendance of IFMSA meeting is beneficial but not a requirement
• Additionally the general composition of the Programs team for Gender, Regional and NMO based representation will also be taken into consideration
• For further details regarding the additional skills refer to the Program Coordinator application toolkit ( here ).
Candidates must ensure that the subject of their email contains the following code [CAND PC MHASA]
All applicants must make sure that the subject of their email includes the code relevant to the position they are applying for. This will help us sort the applications and, most importantly, make sure that we don’t miss any application received.
3. How to apply?
All candidatures are to be sent only to email@example.com email account by
15th May 2020 23:59 GMT. They will be then shared with the relevant Official Elect, and shortly after with NMOs.
Late candidatures will be deemed invalid and will not be considered!
All applicants interested in applying must submit the following:
- Filled Candidature Form (CF) , signed and stamped by the NMO President; if the candidate is the NMO President, the CF must be signed by a suitable alternative NMO board member. Attached in the email. Example of filled CF can be found ( here ).
- Filled out Technical Data Card (TDC) for International Assistants and Program Coordinators. Attached in the email. Example of filled TDC can be found ( here ).
- Motivation letter: not more than one page long
- Plan Of Action (POA): not more than two pages long
- Curriculum Vitae adapted to the position, not more than two pages long. Proof of information provided in the CV should be available upon request by a National Member Organization
- High-resolution, colored, a passport-sized photograph, for publication purposes
Motivation Letter, Plan of Action and Curriculum Vitae must not exceed their page limit or the candidature will be invalid.
4. Timeline :
- 15th May 2020: Deadline for the Applications
- 19th May 2020: Share Candidatures and Validity with the NMOs
- 23rd May 2020: Deadline for NMOs to give inputs
- 25th May 2020: Decision of the Call
5. Application process
- All candidatures are to be sent only to eb@ifmsa..org email account by 15/05/2020 23:59 GMT. They will be then shared with NMOs.. Late candidatures will be deemed invalid;
- Candidates must ensure that the subject of their email contains the code corresponding to the position they are applying for. All candidates interested in applying must submit the following:
- A filled out Candidature Form (CF), signed and stamped by the NMO President; if the candidate is the NMO President, the CF must be signed by a suitable alternative NMO board member. You can find the document to fill attached in the call. An example of a filled CF can be found here. The candidature form for this call is different from the other IT/PC calls, kindly take note of this.
- A filled out Technical Data Card for International Assistants and Program Coordinators. You can find the document to fill attached in the call. An example of a filled TDC can be found here. The TDC for this call is different from the other IT/PC calls, kindly take note of this.
- A motivation letter: not more than one page long highlighting previous IFMSA experience;
- A plan of action: not more than two pages long;
- A curriculum vitae adapted to the position, not more than two pages long. Proof of information provided in the CV should be available upon request by a National Member Organization;
- High-resolution, colored, passport-sized photograph, for publication purposes;
- Motivational Letter, Plan of Action and Curriculum Vitae must not exceed their page limit or the candidature will be invalid.
6. Important Notes:
• Candidates must ensure that the subject of their email contains the code corresponding to the position they are applying for [CAND PC MHASA].. All the information about the codes can be found in the call (after description of every position, and in the summary at the end)
• Kindly download the word files of the CF and the TDC, fill with appropriate information refer to the examples attached. Save documents as following (preferably):
Example as per the sample attached
Convert the appropriately filled, signed, and stamped word documents into PDF documents (preferably) and attach them to the email that contains code. Finally send it to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th May 2020, 23:59 GMT!
• Kindly note that depending upon number of applications, the applications will be shortlisted, and if need be interview would be conducted.
We hope the information attached helps you with the application process.
For any more questions or clarifications feel free to contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best regards and Stay safe,
Saniya S on behalf of the EB
- Non Disclosure Agreement – this document must be signed by the person (s)elected, which makes the person binding to the work they do and must not disclose it outside the working group of people. This document was presented by the IFMSA President last MM19 (here and here);
Code of Conduct for GDPR Compliance – this document regulates how people (s)elected should handle personal data and what not to do in order not to breach the General Data Protection Regulations, as well as consequences of those breaches (here).