1. Background: SCORA Online Open Space: perspectives on Menstrual Hygiene, 30th of May 11:00 am GMT
2. What to do: Register here
3. Support & Assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Today is Menstrual Hygiene Day and we cannot keep going without campaign without engaging you all: on Saturday the 30th, you have a date! You are invited to the first-ever SCORA Online Open Space that will touch upon diverse perspectives on Menstrual Hygiene.
According to UNICEF, an estimated 1.8 billion girls, women, transgender men and non-binary persons of reproductive age experience menstruation throughout their lives, yet millions of menstruators across the world cannot manage their monthly cycle in a dignified, healthy way.
We’ll cover all 5 IFMSA Regions perspectives and situations in addition to diving into different topics shortlisted as follows:
– Environmental Health and Menstrual Health
– Human Rights interlinkages
– Pink taxes, gender inequity and
– Living with disabilities and menstrual hygiene
– LGBTQIA+ and menstrual hygiene
– And any other topic that YOU suggest and that you are willing to cover or you are willing to know more about through various “open floor” times in which you will be able to engage.
It will be an interactive space; come join us with your own questions to help us shape these discussions!
Saturday 30th of May, 11:00am GMT
Zoom, register here. Feel free to share within your NMOs and friends.
What is an SCORA Online Open Space?
Aims and goals of the SCORA Online Open Space:
- To provide a safe discussion space among SCORA members.
- To promote the exchange of interregional perspectives and exchange of good practices.
- To provide a space in which members can get empowered and take the lead.
- To have an interactive online space that encourages participants to share their thoughts and not merely observe the discussion.
We have an amazing panel composed of extremely passionate speakers:
– Maria, SCORP General Assistant
– Abra, SCORA DA for Member Engagement
– Yara, SCORA RA for EMR
– Ghada, NORA QMSA-Qatar
– Eunice, CFMS-Canada
– Heiman, former NPO AMSA-Hong Kong
– Rukkayyah NORA NiMSA-Nigeria
Join us for this first-ever Open Space on this very special topic!
Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out.
Lalu on behalf of Abra, Ieva, and Yara, the Campaign Coordinators