- Background: Expose Tobacco Industry Manipulation, Save the Next Generation Global Media Competition
- Important Links:
- Deadline: 20th May 2020
Dear IFMSA Family,
This World No Tobacco Day, IFMSA is proud to be partnering with the Global Center for Good Governance in Tobacco Control (GGTC), a partner in STOP (Stopping Tobacco Organizations and Products), to promote their first ever Global Media Competition: “Expose Tobacco Industry Manipulation, Save the Next Generation”
The competition builds upon the theme for the World Health Organization’s World No Tobacco Day: “Protecting youth from industry manipulation and preventing them from tobacco and nicotine use.” Join the Global Media Competition and win as much as $5,000!
– All you need to do is submit compelling visual designs that portray the dangers of tobacco industry manipulation. Designs should aim to inform youth about industry manipulation and prompt them to participate in countering the industry. Participants can submit many different types of visual materials including:
- Graphic Interchange Format (GIFs)
- Digital stickers
- Short video
– All entries must adhere to the competition rules. GGTC will provide a list of facts about the industry. Participants must select one fact that will guide them in creating their content and graphics (digital stickers are exempted from putting more than three words but shall still illustrate the gist of the selected fact). Use of original content and graphics is encouraged.
– Each participant may submit a maximum of three entries.
– Entries from all parts of the world that are written in English are most welcome. However, entries written using the national languages Hindi, Indonesian, Bengali, Pakistan, Vietnam, Filipino, Portuguese, Ukranian, and Spanish will also be accepted, provided that participants supply the English translation.
– All participants must post their entries on their Facebook and Twitter accounts and use the following hashtags: #ExposeTobacco, #TheGGTC, and #NoTobacco.
The deadline to participate is May 20 so submit your designs today and please share the link with your incredible members!