- Background: Opening the Call for Participants in Finances in Global Health Advanced Online Course to be held in mid-July.
- Important Information
- Course Overview and Timeline
- Application Process
- Important Notes
- Important Links:
- Deadline: 5th of July 2020, 23:59 GMT.
Dear NMOS and IFMSA Members
We hope this email finds you in great health and spirits.
Born from our collective passion in health and finances, we present to you our new online advanced course: Finances in Global Health that will shed light on one of the important foundations in health: Health Financing.
The Course Overview:
Many of the Global Health issues that face our world nowadays stem from the lack of financial resources and weak financial management from countries around the world, among others. Health financing emerged as a core function of every health system, in which having well-designed health financing policies becomes an essential pillar toward providing a road to patient-oriented, cost-effective, and quality health services needed without facing financial hardships.
Finances in Global Health AOC will discuss how health systems operate around the world, with great focus on financial support and the economics behind health to equip you – our members- with the necessary knowledge and skills to contribute in accelerating the progress toward UHC & SDGs. This will be achieved by going through better administration of resources, by setting priorities for health packages and liaising for funds for health.
The AOC will be composed of 7 sessions given through ZOOM Online Platform and other platforms for engaging our members on the following focus areas:
– Health System around the Globe and universal Health Coverage (UHC)
– Functional Framework of Health Financing
– Health Economics
– Road to Sustainable Finances for health and Sustainable development Goals (SDGs)
The AOC will be held from the 12th of July until the 26th of July and will consist of 3 sessions per week.
More information can be found in the course proposal which can be accessed through this link.
The Application Process
We are calling for IFMSA members who are eager to acquire more knowledge on the Financial management operations in health systems globally to join us in this opportunity. What you need to do is fill this form (here) before the 5th of July, 23:59 GMT.
This course is designed for members with some/previous experience in financial management, however, we encourage all members to apply. Participants’ selection will be based solely on motivation and will take into account gender and regional representation.
- Participants should be available throughout the whole duration of the Course and are recommended to have a stable internet connection.
- This is an IFMSA Certified online course. A certificate of attendance will be awarded to participants who fulfill the necessary requisites
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to receiving your applications!