- Background: Call for Submissions to the Global Creative Competition on Medical Students and COVID-19
- Information summary:
- A global competition, open to all medical students organised by MEdIC (Medical Education Innovation and Research Centre, Imperial College London)
- 2 categories of submissions, Visual and Literary
- 6 winners, 3 in each category – 300GBP for the first prize, and 150GBP for 2nd and 3rd prize.
- What Recipients Needs to do:
- Review submission guidelines on the website, prepare your creative piece and apply !
- Share with your colleagues and networks
- Apply before the deadline, 31st August.
- Relevant Links:
- Website and submission portal: here
I am quite pleased to share with you an incredible opportunity by MEdIC (Medical Education Innovation and Research Centre, Imperial College London) – the first of its kind Global Creative Competition, bringing together our global community of medical students to submit creative responses to COVID-19.
We have all been uniquely affected by the pandemic at the same time in our living histories, and we hope this competition will provide a platform for medical students around the world to come together to reflect on their personal or professional experiences during this challenging time.
There are two categories of entry: visual and literary and with a winner in each category receiving a top prize of 300GBP and two runners up in each category each being awarded 150GBP.
Judges for the competition include; Professor Dame Parveen Kumar (Queen Mary University of London and Author of Kumar and Clark), Rosamund Lupton (Sunday Times Bestselling author), Nour Houbby (Medical student, Imperial College London), Professor Ashley Hall (Professor of Design Innovation, School of Design, Royal College of Art) and Dan Simpson (Poet in Residence, Imperial College London).
All participants will be invited to an online exhibition and the winners will be awarded their prizes at an online awards ceremony.
Please do not hesitate to apply, and unleash your creativity !
Further information and an entry form can be found on our website here
Deadline for submissions is 31st of August 2020 !
You are 5 weeks away !