Aquí tens una nova oportunitat per a assistir a un esdeveniment internacional representant a IFMSA.
ATENCIÓ: per a poder enviar el formulari necessites un document signat per l’AECS. Fes-nos arribar les respostes al formulari i el Candidature Form a email@example.com per tal de que se’t signi el document.
- Background: Call for IFMSA Delegation to the UN Commission on Population and Development.
- 53rd Session of the UN Commission on Population and Development:
- Where: New York, USA
- When: 30 March – 3 April 2020
- Application process:
- Fill out the Application Form (Link!)
- Upload the filled-in Candidature Form (Link!) in the required section of the Application Form.
- Deadline: 21st Jan 2020, 23:59 GMT
Dear IFMSA family,
I am hereby opening the call for the IFMSA delegation to the 53rd Session of the UN Commission on Population and Development. It will take place in New York, USA from 30 March to 3 April 2020. It is an awe-inspiring opportunity to meet with international agencies, NGOs and UN member states and be part of a momentum towards meaningful youth involvement and sustainable development.
This email aims to inform you about all the procedures needed to apply to be a member of the IFMSA delegation. Please read it carefully till the very end.
When: 30 March to 3 April 2020.
Where: United Nations Headquarters, New York City, USA.
What: A Population Commission was established by the Economic and Social Council in its resolution 3 (III) of 3 October 1946. In its resolution 49/128 of 19 December 1994, the General Assembly decided that the Commission should be renamed the Commission on Population and Development. In the same resolution, the Assembly decided that it, the Council and the Commission, should constitute a three-tiered intergovernmental mechanism that would play the primary role in the follow-up to the implementation of the Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development, and that the Commission, as a functional commission assisting the Council, would monitor, review and assess the implementation of the Programme of Action at the national, regional and international levels and advise the Council thereon.
Theme: The 53rd session in 2020 has the thematic focus of “Population, food security, nutrition and sustainable development.”
For more information:
How to apply?
- Fill out the following Application Form (Link!) and prepare your Candidature Form (Link!).
- The Candidature Form (CF) should be signed and stamped by your NMO President. If the candidate is the NMO President, the confirmation must be signed by a suitable alternative NMO board member. Your CF should be ready before filling out the Application Form above as you will be asked to upload it in the Application Form. A correctly filled CF is a requirement for your application to be considered valid.
- The deadline for applications is the 21st of January 2020, 23:59 GMT. Accepted applicants will be notified by Mid-February 2020.
- You may wish to refer to the IFMSA ‘How to Write an Application Manual’ (Link!) to help you in this process.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into consideration.
We encourage all emerging members to apply, those who are committed and passionate to learn, gain new skills, and participate in IFMSA’s activities even beyond the conference.
The applicants will be evaluated based on the following selection criteria:
- Motivation for attending CPD and relevant experience and interest in global health;
- Understanding of IFMSA’s external work, including policy work, advocacy and partnerships;
- Plans for the contribution to the delegation in the preparation, the on-site actions and the follow-up of the meeting;
Note that the evaluation of the received applications will be performed objectively with consideration of the criteria mentioned above. Regional representation and gender balance will be taken into account.
Accepted applicants will receive online training and preparation as soon as the results are released. IFMSA commits to brief, train and prepare all delegates to the meeting and to strategically coordinate the delegation during the meeting. Unfortunately, IFMSA is not able to cover transportation or accommodation expenses.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best of luck and looking forward to reading your wonderful applications!