- Background: Sharing Intersectional IFMSA Survey
- Information summary:
- Background about Intersectional IFMSA
- Introducing the Survey
- What Recipients Needs to do:
- Fill in the survey in order the provide input regarding discriminatory incidents and human rights issues they face or aware of within their NMOs and IFMSA settings
- Share the survey with IFMSA members and encourage them to participate
- Relevant Links:
- Fill in the survey:
- In English: here.
- In Spanish: here.
- In French: here.
- In Arabic: here.
- Deadline: 20 July 2020, 23:59 GMT.
IFMSA is a platform where students from all over the world gather together to realize the universal values of medicine and human rights. However, despite the vocal and strong cause we unite for, we are not immune from the discriminatory and oppressive mindsets, ideologies and behaviours that take over our societies. It is sad to admit that sometimes discrimination, racism and agression manifest in IFMSA settings, exposing the rights and safety of our members, but also threatening the safe spaces IFMSA aims to provide! Such situations occur even if we are surrounded by other IFMSA members and coordinators, and might go unnoticed/unreported, thus adding to the depth of the problem.
As IFMSA, it is our responsibility to promote and respect human rights, not only externally, but also internally; in the way we function and by protecting the rights of our members. Therefore, it is crucial that the extent of the issue is understood, and reflected upon with subsequent measures taken to ensure the prevention of such incidents, the promotion and protection of human rights.
For that, Your Contributions Matter!
The Intersectional IFMSA Survey:
The survey was created to reach out to each and every IFMSA member, giving them a platform to report and share their experiences and observations of discrmination within IFMSA settings. It comes with the main aim of promoting and strengthening safe spaces within our Federation, through:
- Identifying the scale of the problem we have within IFMSA, on local, national and international levels by documenting and reporting the experiences of our members;
- Assessing our current behaviors/trends; and
- Evaluating the impact of our current measures.
The Survey should take approximately 10 to 15 minutes to fill and is completely anonymous. It is open for input until 20th of July, 11:59 PM GMT.
In addition, to ensure the accessibility of the survey to most of our members, the survey is available in the 4 official IFMSA languages:
We kindly ask you to spread the survey to as many IFMSA members as you can. We are looking forward to your contributions!
On behalf of the Intersectional IFMSA SWG 2020