The nanoGUNE cooperative research center holds the third edition of its Winter School, where a selected international group of undergraduate students will be trained into the most innovative aspects of nanoscience research.
The nanoGUNE Winter School 2023 will be held in the nanoGUNE facilities in San Sebastian (Spain), from Wednesday 8 to Friday 10 February 2023.
NanoGUNE will offer grants to cover all the main expenses of the winter school to all the selected students:
- Grants to cover travel expenses
- Lunch and coffee-breaks
- Accommodation in shared rooms will be arranged
The program will combine scientific lectures, transversal sessions, and hands-on lab practices in small groups, as well as social activities. The specific session and agenda will be announced later on, but the sessions will cover the following or similar topics:
- Introduction to nanoscience
- Time management
- Working in Science / Career path in Science
- Scientific Publications and the Web of Science
- Fundamentals of nanoscience and quantum effects in the nanoscale
- Interface between biology – nanoscience – nanotechnology
- Cleanroom nanofabrication
- Organic electronics
- Electrospinning of nanofibers
- Deposition of thin films and characterization
- Low-temperature STM
- Computer simulations
- Electron Microscopy
- Winter School Dinner
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MASTER+PHD THESES
Up to 5 scholarships will be offered to do the master+PhD thesis at nanoGUNE in the period 2022-2027. The projects will be presented at the winter school, and the call will then be open to all interested candidates, attendants and non-attendants to the school.
The application period is open until 13 November2022.