1. Background: Sharing the call for Membership Follow up Committee Small Working Group
2. What do you need to do:
- apply by filling this form
3. Deadline: 10th of April 2020, 23.59 GMT
I am gladly opening the call for members of the Small Working Group on the Membership Follow up Committee (MFC).
The creation of the Committee is a part of the follow up on the recommendations of the Task Force for Membership Status Follow Up and the issues raised in the report. Currently, the only times when we assess the compatibility of the NMO’s regulations and processes with IFMSA C&B are during the candidate membership application and membership upgrades period, unless any violation is reported to the IFMSA TO. The long-term goal of the MFC is to ensure the alignment of the NMOs with IFMSA regulations and develop procedures to map and fix those discrepancies.
The main goal of the SWG this year is to set the ground for the future follow-up committees and specify the working procedures. In addition to structuring the MFC, another goal is to provide recommendations for Bylaw Change Proposals that will establish a committee that is appointed each term in IFMSA.
Goals of the SWG:
- Develop a procedure, through which the NMO alignment with IFMSA C&B requirements will be reviewed
- Develop a procedure to report misalignment with the IFMSA C&B
- Review the IFMSA Bylaws and map the changes that need to be proposed by AM20 to include and describe the responsibilities of the Membership Follow-Up Committee
- (If possible) Conduct a pilot review of 3 to 5 NMOs with the procedures proposed by the SWG
- Prepare a report of the work and present it during Presidents’ session at AM20
- Experience relevant for the SWG
- Knowledge of IFMSA C&B and membership procedures
- Gender and regional representation will be taken under account
I am looking for 6-8 members of the SWG, possibly from all IFMSA Regions. Please note that the work will take place between April and July, so please make sure that you are available in this period before applying.
If you are interested, please fill this form until April 10th, 23:59 GMT.
Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to send me an email.
Warm regards, Paulina