Opening the call for a remote WMA internship for the period of two or three months between October to December 2020.
- Background: The WMA has an MoU with the IFMSA in which internships are contemplated. Due to the COVID pandemic, the internships will be done remotely until further notice.
- Important information: To apply please fill the application form and the candidature form. Please send these documents to the EB until October 15th 2020.
- Important links
- Application form (here)
- Candidature form signed and stamped by the NMO President (here)
- Internship Catalogue (here)
Dear IFMSA members,
We hope this email finds you in great health. We are sending this email to open the call for a remote internship within the WMA (World Medical Association).
The World Medical Association (WMA) is the global federation of National Medical Associations representing millions of physicians worldwide. Acting on behalf of patients and physicians, the WMA endeavours to achieve the highest possible standards of medical care, ethics, education and health-related human rights for all people. Please check out the website for more information http://www.wma.net.
Each intern will have the opportunity to work directly with the WMA Secretariat. The working hours are 7 hours a day and these hours are adjusted to the timezone of the intern. These are the possible areas of involvement:
- Assist Influenza campaign
- Representing at various online webinars and meetings
- Assist policy documents (reformatting to clean version, research work on 10 year policy review for April meeting in 2021, etc.)
- Updating website (media mentions, etc.)
- Assist virtual GA organisation
- Wikipedia updating (group work possible)
Other activities may be presented by the WMA which related to their specific needs and areas of work.
We expect all interns to be professional, which includes being available and present during the whole WMA remote internship..
Timeline and Financial Support
We are opening the call for two internships for the period of two/three months between October and December. The internship should be at least two months.
Interns will receive financial support of 100 Euros per month. This amount will be paid after completion of the internship and when a report is submitted.
How to apply:
The applicant must fill out the application form (here) and candidature form signed and stamped by NMO president (here) and send it to email@example.com. The subject of the email has to be: [WMA] Remote Internship 2020 – Name of the Applicant
In the application form, you will be able to fill in your motivation letter and CV. In the motivation letter, please explain your expectations from the internship, your definition of an “intern” and things you would like to achieve as a WMA intern, as well, please include your availability (which months). The motivation letter is 1 page and the CV is maximum two pages.
Based on the applications received the IFMSA will make recommendations to the WMA, which will make the final ruling whether the applicant is accepted or not. Please keep in mind to read the disclaimer due to GDPR regulations – the data you provide in the application will be shared with WMA to enable them to select the interns based on their needs and requirements.
Deadline:15th of October 2020 at 23:59 GMT
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach to us.